Monday 20 January 2014

A Nice Piece Added To The Vintage Care Bears Collection

I'm watching America's Funniest Home Videos; can you believe that show has been on the air for 23 seasons.  I wonder how many clips of golf balls to the groin have been shown all these years.

I once read that Bob Saget's least favorite video from his time hosting the show was a clip featuring two young children who were brothers; the older brother is shown sleeping on a floor while the younger brother is sitting over him.  The younger brother begins to dig for gold up his nasal cavity - a few seconds later he brings home a nugget which he then proceeds to put in his brothers open mouth.

Anyway enough about the 90s nostalgica and slightly disgusting booger-to-mouth stories - let's turn the flux capacitor dial back a few years and into the mid-80s shall we.

I recently purchased an item online for my vintage Care Bears collection that I felt like sharing up here on the blog.  I would totally label this one an 'on the whim' pickup as I pulled the trigger and clicked the "Buy It Now!" button just a few moments after stumbling across this gem.  It was just something that I felt like I had to have.


This Play-Doh Care Bear Cousins Playset was made by Kenner and released in 1984.  I basically could have bought this for the box art alone not to mention the fact that I've never seen another one of these Play-Doh playsets through my online vintage Care Bear searches.

There's another Play-Doh playset released from the Care Bears line featuring just the Care Bears themselves.  I personally have yet to see that one make an appearance online.

The set itself is missing just a couple of small pieces such as a sculpting knife and a rolling pin.  If there were any additional papers/instructions that came with the playset then those are absent as well.

Oh yeah, I also just wanted to mention that the seller had a "Best Offer" option available but went ahead and rejected my offer that was just $3 less than his asking price.  Why even bother.

Linking up with Sir Thrift A Lot!

3 comments:

  1. When you got it, did you immediately go out, buy some Play-Doh, and then make a ton of Doh bears? That looks like so much fun.

    ReplyDelete

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...